Denton Criminal Defense Lawyer
Texas Handgun Laws
It is a good idea to be familiar with laws regarding the possession of handguns in Texas. Because of the overlap of city, county, and state laws governing handguns, many Texans are unclear or confused about the laws that apply to them.
If you feel that you have been wrongfully accused of a crime involving the possession of a handgun in Denton, contact a Denton criminal defense lawyer at Alexander & Associates by calling 972-420-6560.
Important Texas Handgun Regulations
If you are interested in avoiding a handgun or firearms-related charge, here are some facts about the law in Texas:
- There is no state permit required to purchase a handgun, nor are you required to register it.
- Local laws are usually overridden by the State Constitution, which guarantees the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms.
- Certain people convicted of felonies or Class A misdemeanors are barred from owning a handgun. If this may apply to you, it is advised that you contact the offices of Alexander & Associates for more information.
- Openly wearing a handgun is illegal, except under certain circumstances, such as on one’s own property.
- A license allowing the carrying of a concealed handgun is required. Applications for this license can be found at handgun dealers or the Department of Public Safety.
- It is illegal to knowingly provide a handgun for use in an illegal activity.
If you or someone you love has been charged with a crime involving a handgun, contact the Denton criminal lawyers at Alexander & Associates by calling 972-420-6560.
Criminal Law Process
Client Information Form
Copyright © -
Alexander & Associates
190 Civic Circle, Suite 155
We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Cashiers Check, Personal Check, Visa, Mastercard